Manufacturers Resource Center (MRC) has an immediate need for a full-time, Berks County Regional Director, Manufacturing Solutions.
For over 30 years, the Manufacturers Resource Center (MRC) has helped small and mid-sized manufacturers become more competitive, adopt lean and agile processes, strategically grow their companies, and invest more effectively in advanced technologies and their existing human capital. Our center strives to improve the competitiveness of manufacturers throughout a five-county region (Berks, Carbon, Lehigh, Northampton, Schuylkill) so that those firms continue to create and sustain good-paying advanced manufacturing jobs for our families, friends, neighbors, and fellow citizens.
MRC is a nonprofit organization affiliated with Lehigh University and partially funded by the U.S. Department of Commerce’s NIST-MEP program, as well as the State of Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development.
- Maintain MRC relationships with existing manufacturing sector clients and cultivate relationships with new manufacturing clients within Berks County to achieve MRC’s market penetration and client revenue goals.
- Work directly with small and mid-sized manufacturers across Berks County to understand their challenges, particularly in the areas of operational efficiency, quality systems, strategy and business growth, leadership development, workforce needs, and provide advisement as to how MRC’s services can assist in those areas.
- Collaborate with MRC’s team of professionals and subject matter experts to develop customized fee-based engagement proposals to your clients based upon their needs.
- Manage a sales pipeline and a portfolio of client accounts and projects.
- Build relationships and become a trusted advisor to your clients by leveraging your own expertise, the expertise of other members of MRC’s team, our training and consultation services and the resources of our statewide and national affiliates.
- Stay up to date with technology and manufacturing-related advancements, trends, and drivers to become a proactive, value-providing resource to help manufacturers thrive, strive, anticipate the future and close any critical gaps.
- Become a vital part of a learning organization that strives to be supportive, inclusive, forward-thinking, transparent, a resource of choice for our manufacturers and an employer of choice for our team members.
- Become an advocate for manufacturing within our region and across Pennsylvania.
Requirements for Success:
MRC’s 30+ years of working with small and mid-sized manufacturers have proven that the following characteristics, skills, and experience significantly contribute to this position’s success:
- Reside within Berks County and be active in the community.
- A minimum of 7 years of manufacturing experience or a combination of manufacturing and consultative or technical sales experience.
- A demonstrated passion for manufacturing, operational excellence, continuous improvement, and industrial skills.
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis on Engineering, Business Management, Organizational Management, Marketing/Sales or similar.
- Proven business acumen and ability to interact professionally with C-level executives in ways that uncover their business needs and create connections between those objectives/needs and MRC’s services.
- Strong communication skills in diverse settings and different modes, including one-on-one, small groups, large groups, seminars/webinars, on-camera (video) and event hosting.
- Self-direction and ability to plan, organize and execute independently of direct day-to-day supervision while managing multiple projects and client opportunities.
- Commitment to a team effort and to team success – willingness and eagerness to collaborate, learn, discuss, and develop solutions in a team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and experience with a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, preferably Salesforce, is desired.
- Valid PA driver’s license and readiness to travel within service region.
MRC provides a professional, positive, collaborative, and respectful work environment. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers exceptional benefits through Lehigh University, including comprehensive healthcare plans, tuition reimbursement, a robust retirement savings plan with a generous match, and a great working environment emphasizing a healthy work-life balance.
Please forward your resume and salary requirements to Diane Lewis, MRC, 7200A Windsor Drive, Allentown, PA 18106, or email email@example.com.