Manufacturers Resource Center (MRC) of the Lehigh Valley has an immediate need for a full-time, Lean Manufacturing Consultant/Coach.
For over 30 years, the Manufacturers Resource Center (MRC) has helped small and mid-sized manufacturers become more competitive, adopt lean and agile processes, strategically grow their companies, and invest more effectively in advanced technologies and their existing human capital.
MRC is a nonprofit organization affiliated with Lehigh University and partially funded by the U.S. Department of Commerce’s NIST-MEP program, as well as the State of Pennsylvania’s Department of Community and Economic Development.
The Lean Manufacturing Consultant/Coach MRC will provide strategic business consulting and training services to manufacturing operations in the surrounding 5 county region leveraging Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, and Six Sigma principles to help companies reduce waste and costs, enhance innovation, and increase sales and profits.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Meet with customers on-site to analyze manufacturing operations, measure KPI’s, and identify lean and agile methodologies and processes that drive innovation, product enhancement, and cost containment/reduction initiatives.
- Provide one-on-one leadership coaching and mentoring services to area business leaders on continuous improvement strategies that drive top and bottom-line growth, eliminate waste, and invest in their human capital, and leverage their organizational strengths.
- Using a value-based team approach, craft and present training and consulting proposals and programs, in collaboration with sales and delivery staff, that exceed customer expectations.
- Identify, develop, and launch new Continuous Improvement products and services for MRC to market to target companies in the defined region.
- Create customized strategic growth and improvement plans and provide detailed market analysis for customers that define the competitive landscape and identify potential market/growth opportunities.
- Maintain unique body of knowledge through research, training, literature, conferences, etc. and pursue professional development training and certification as appropriate.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned continuous improvement, Lean and/or Six Sigma champion with a proven record of success working with smaller, for-profit manufacturers, as well as a strong consultative sales or coaching/mentoring background, and a successful career of driving change.
MRC provides a professional, positive, collaborative, and respectful work environment. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers exceptional benefits through Lehigh University, including comprehensive healthcare plans, tuition reimbursement, a robust retirement savings plan with a generous match, and a great working environment emphasizing a healthy work-life balance.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply directly to Gene Kaschak (MRC’s Vice President, Continuous Improvement and Leadership Development Strategy) at this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.