Manufacturers Resource Center (MRC) has an immediate need for a 75% full-time (30 hours/week), Workforce Initiatives Specialist.
For over 30 years, the Manufacturers Resource Center (MRC) has helped small and mid-sized manufacturers become more competitive, adopt lean and agile processes, strategically grow their companies, and invest more effectively in advanced technologies and their existing human capital. Our center strives to improve the competitiveness of manufacturers throughout a five-county region (Berks, Carbon, Lehigh, Northampton, Schuylkill) so that those firms continue to create and sustain good-paying advanced manufacturing jobs for our families, friends, neighbors, and fellow citizens.
MRC is a nonprofit organization affiliated with Lehigh University and partially funded by the U.S. Department of Commerce’s NIST-MEP program, as well as the State of Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development.
The Workforce Initiatives Specialist is an integral role supporting MRC’s Workforce Initiatives Programs and contributing to the overall success of our talent pipeline programs through a high level of client interaction, administrative support, and project coordination/management. In addition to assisting in implementing and streamlining existing programs, the Workforce Initiatives Specialist will help develop new initiatives and work to increase resources for education to further promote the great careers available in manufacturing.
- Connect with key stakeholders including school personnel, business/industry representatives, community-based organizations, students, and parents for various projects.
- Apply advanced administrative skills and procedures appropriate for the position within assigned pipeline programs and initiatives.
- Manage the completion of tasks against project plans to ensure progress is made and deliverables are completed within agreed timelines.
- Scout for future funding opportunities and develop and maintain up-to-date spreadsheets with regards to program budgets, grant requests, and fundraising.
- Provide information and resources to employers, educators, community organizations and other stakeholders on issues related to the emerging workforce. • Plan program events and collaborate with program planning teams.
- Create excitement about the manufacturing industry, as well as regional organizations working on initiatives related to career exploration, STEM education, and workforce and economic development.
- Produce timelines, reports, meeting minutes, and information for workforce related activities.
- Assist in preparing, reviewing, and delivering of program materials and presentations.
- Become a vital part of a learning organization that strives to be supportive, inclusive, forward-thinking, transparent, a resource of choice for our manufacturers and an employer of choice for our team members.
- Become an advocate for manufacturing within our region and across Pennsylvania.
Requirement for Success:
MRC’s 30+ years of working with small and mid-sized manufacturers have proven that the following characteristics, skills, and experience significantly contribute to this position’s success:
- Reside locally and be active in the community.
- Organizational and time management skills sufficient to prioritize workload, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- A demonstrated ability to coordinate and manage programs, events, and/or projects.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with an emphasis on Engineering, Business, Communications/Marketing or an equivalent combination of education and work experience with five or more years in related fields.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively work in diverse settings and different modes, including one-on-one, internal and external teams, seminars/webinars, on-camera (video) and event hosting.
- Self-directed and ability to plan, problem-solve and execute independently of direct day-to-day supervision while managing multiple complex projects as part of a team.
- Commitment to a team effort and to team success – willingness and eagerness to collaborate, learn, discuss, and develop solutions in a team environment.
- Constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and experience with operating standard office equipment and using required software applications to produce correspondence, electronic communication and maintain databases.
- Possess or obtain background clearances.
- Valid PA driver’s license with access to reliable transportation.
MRC provides a professional, positive, collaborative, and respectful work environment. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers a competitive salary and benefits package Please forward your resume and salary requirements to Karen Buck, MRC, 7200A Windsor Drive, Allentown, PA 18106, or email email@example.com.