Date(s) - March 24th, 2020
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Manufacturers Resource Center
Advanced Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (This event will be rescheduled to a future date due to COVID-19. Please check back.)
April 24, 2020
8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Manufacturers Resource Center
7200A Windsor Drive
Allentown, PA 18106
This Advanced GD&T class is for those with some previous exposure to geometric dimensioning and tolerancing. The morning begins with a review of the GD&T symbols and rules. Then some more advanced topics are covered, including an update about the revised Y14.5-2018 standard. Also discussed will be the proper application of tolerances for designers, including a short module using a tolerance stack spreadsheet.
After participating in this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the less-common GD&T tools: translation, datum shift, resultant condition, all over boundary
- Determine which datum features to choose based on function
- Select proper GD&T symbols for a mock design
- Perform tolerance stack calculations for both worst-case and RSS
Prerequisites: Participants should have some basic knowledge of GD&T.
Part 1: GD&T Review
- Importance of engineering drawings
- Benefits of GD&T
- The need for geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Review of GD&T standard (2018 vs. 2009 versions)
- Review of GD&T rules and symbols
Part 2: Advanced Concepts
- Resultant condition
- GD&T with rigid vs. non-rigid parts
- The dimensional management process
- Datums at virtual condition (the MMB modifier)
- Using GD&T with screw threads, gears, and splines
- How to apply GD&T to a new design
- How to choose MMC, RFS, or LMC
- Simultaneous vs. separate requirements
- Zero tolerance at MMC
- Common GD&T mistakes
- Boundary concept
- All-around vs. all-over profile tolerance
- Manufacturing and gaging concerns
- Tolerance stack analysis using the “loop” method
- Sample print review and wrap-up
Who Should Attend: Process Engineers, Product Engineers, Quality Engineers, Quality Technicians and Quality Managers.
Cost: $375.00/person | $325.00/person if 3 or more persons
Certified Sr. GD&T Professional
Geometric Learning Systems
Bio: John-Paul Belangeris certified by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers as a Senior GD&T Professional. He has conducted numerous GD&T and Tolerance Stacks classes for a variety of manufacturing clients throughout North America and Europe. For four years Mr. Belanger was the primary GD&T instructor for a major automotive OEM. He has also done extensive consulting with clients in the proper application of geometric tolerancing. He holds a degree in aerospace engineering from the University of Michigan specializing in aircraft design and safety.
Note: All registration fees must be received in advance of the date of your event. MRC must be notified of cancellations two weeks prior to the event, otherwise we can only grant a credit to another MRC event. Persons who do not show or notify us in advance will forfeit any credit. Remember, you can also send a substitute. Thank you.
Registrations are closed for this event.