Date(s) - November 1st, 2022 - November 2nd, 2022
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Manufacturers Resource Center
7200A Windsor Drive
Allentown, PA 18106
|$990/person, $890 before Oct.1, 2022 • Meals, beverages, and course materials included||Register|
Executive Lean 2-Day Workshop | Total Business Applications
Internationally renown teacher and author, Mike Hoseus is coming to the Lehigh Valley to teach on the topic of Executive Lean Business Applications and Leadership’s role in sustaining a Lean culture. This two-day Lean Culture event is all about how to develop yourself and your organization into high-performers that can deliver sustainable business results.
Leadership is the most frequently identified gap in organizations striving toward world class excellence.
This comprehensive Lean Culture Workshop will explore the role of leadership in a culture transformation, facilitate identification of gaps in your organization and then give practical methodologies and processes to address them.
Lean Leadership System – True North and Hoshin Kanri
- Establishing Mission, Values and Vision (who, how & what) for our organization
- Determining organizational roles
- Setting servant leadership as the standard for your enterprise
Hoshin Kanri Process
- Identifying top issues and needs for your customers and your business
- Environmental scan of the market and competition
- Performing internal assessment of organization
- Establishing long and mid term strategic objectives
Connecting Lean Work Systems (Product or Service Value Stream) with your Lean People Development System (People Value Stream)
Lean Work System – Foundational Tools for your Business Value Stream
- Processing your quality product value stream
- Review Lean product development systems
- Connecting your supplier development systems
- Production & operating systems
Lean People Development System
- Quality people value stream
- Role of Human Resources in a Lean Enterprise
- Identifying and defining Lean core competencies
- Attract and selection & promotion systems – The right person in the right place at the right time
- On-Boarding and Training & Development – Fundamental skills development, standardized work and multi-function worker cross training
- Engagement of members in continuous improvement
- Career development
Lean Management System
Lean Daily Management System (EMDS)
Identify Key Performance Indicators for:
- Enterprise wide for both business and financial
- Vertical organizational tiers and establish “Pillar KPI’s”
- Horizontal “support functions”
- Main and sub processes that are both leading and lagging
Systematic Problem Solving at All Levels
- Strategic, systemic, and daily
- Define escalation process to each level of management
- Idea implementation and problem solving teams
Questions? Contact Nicole Pierce at (484) 655-4873 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download Flyer | Leadership’s Role in Sustaining a Lean Culture
Instructor | Mike Hoseus Executive Director Center for Quality People & Organizations (CQPO)
Mike was a corporate leader for 13 years at Toyota Motor Manufacturing’s Georgetown, Kentucky, plant both in Human Resources and Manufacturing. As Assistant General Manager in Human Resources, his responsibilities included personnel, safety, HR development, employee relations, benefits, training, and manufacturing/human resource teams for a plant of 8000 team members. Currently, Mike is Executive Director for the Center for Quality People & Organizations (CQPO), an organization developed in 1999 as a vision of Toyota Motor Manufacturing to share Lean Quality philosophy and human resource practices with education, business, and community organizations.
Note: All registration fees must be received in advance of the date of your event. MRC must be notified two weeks in advance of this event if you need to cancel, otherwise we can only grant a credit to another MRC event. Remember, you can also send a substitute.