Date(s) - June 11th, 2021
10:00 am - 11:30 am
Manufacturers’ Roundtable: Lehigh Valley Resources to Help Attract and Retain Employees
Friday, June 11, 2021
10:00 – 11:30 AM
When you register for this webinar, we will send you a Zoom link to join the roundtable discussion on June 11th.
The biggest challenge impacting growth for our local manufacturers is finding and keeping good employees. Join us on Friday, June 11 from 10:00 – 11:30 a.m. for an interactive discussion and to hear about resources available to you as a manufacturer in the Lehigh Valley to help with this challenge. After a brief presentation about these resources, we will open it up to manufacturers to ask questions, share best practices on what is working and what is not working, and connect on how we can help each other.
Presentation will include:
Career Pathways for Recruitment and Retention
PA CareerLink® Lehigh Valley is ready to provide you with a comprehensive template and a hands-on consultant to help you develop career pathways for your company. Career Pathways provide potential hires and current workers with a clear picture of how an employee can climb the ladder of success in the business. With today’s competitive hiring climate, manufacturers will benefit from having career pathways for new and current employees.
2021 Summer Jobs Program
Manufacturers need workers and you have the opportunity to provide a youth between the ages of 18-24 with a work experience. There is no cost to the manufacturer. The Workforce Board LV pays the worker.
- Program runs through September 30th, 2021, with work experience lasting 8-12 weeks
- 30 to 40 hours per week (part-time exceptions can be made where needed)
- Summer workers are paid $12.00 per hour by the Workforce Board Lehigh Valley
- Workforce Board Lehigh Valley is the employer of record so companies do not have to take on the responsibility
Business Workforce Resources and Services
On-the-Job Training (OJT) Program
For new, full-time, eligible employees, your company may be reimbursed 50-90% of their wages during an initial training period.
PA CareerLink® Lehigh Valley will help you grow your workforce with free recruiting services and resources. Learn how they can help find the right worker for the job.
- Experienced staff will assist you in outreach, collecting and screening resumes/applications,
- Provides assessment services to evaluate applicant experience and skills, and referring qualified candidates to your business
- Get office space and support for interviewing and hiring candidates.
- Offices are also available for you to hold on-site recruitment such as Employer Wednesdays.
Cost: No cost, complimentary, but registration is required
Registrations are closed for this event.