Date(s) - March 6th, 2023
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Manufacturers Resource Center
7200A Windsor Drive
Allentown, PA 18106
Mondays – March 6, 13, 20, and 27, 2023
Mondays – April 3, and 10, 2023
8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
|$1,995/person, $1,795 before Jan. 9, 2023 • Meals, beverages, and materials included||Register|
MRC’s Project Management Certificate Program will teach the basics of project management terminology, creating a project charter, defining project scope, developing a project plan & work breakdown structures (WBS) using MS Project, and leading and communicating with teams.
Attendees are typically new to project management, or in the early stages of their project management careers. However, any professional can benefit from efficient and effective project management. After completing the program, attendees will know how to set realistic expectations with project teams, build schedules, allocate resources, lead change and manage budgets.
- Project Management Basics – Terms and Definitions
- Process Groups & Processes
- The Role of the Project Manger
- Creating a Project Charter
- Code of Ethics & Professional Conduct
- Case Study (The Challenger Disaster)
- Project Stakeholder Management
- Leadership & Coaching
- Project Scope Management
- Collect Requirements
- Define Scope
- Creating a WBS
- Project Communication Management
- Creating a Gantt Chart
- Project Schedule Management
- Decomposition, Activity List, Sequence, Durations
- Critical Path
- Estimating Work
- Case Study | The Northridge Earthquake
- Conflict Resolution: Dealing with Difficult People
- Project Quality Management
- Data Analysis | Earned Value
- Meeting Facilitation
- Team Building
- Team Project Review
- Procurement Management
- Project Risk Management
- Change Management
- Team Project Review
- Creating a Business Case | documents the justification for the project and integrates time value of money, risk, and Net Present Value
- Closing a Project | formally establishes that the project or project phase is complete
- Group Project Presentations | each group will create a presentation based on 15 deliverables covered during the course
Questions? Contact Nicole Pierce at (484) 655-4873 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Funding may be available. To learn if you qualify, please contact Diane Lewis at (610) 628.4578 or email@example.com.
Download Flyer | Project Management Certificate Program
Instructor | Leo Gilroy, Director, Strategy & Innovation, Northeastern Pennsylvania Industrial Resource Center
Leo’s career encompasses over twenty years of diverse industrial and DoD experience with professional positions in engineering, product/business development, marketing and sales. He is highly experienced in building relationships, understanding customer requirements and leading teams to meet common objectives. Additionally, Leo has extensive international marketing and sales experience that includes working with organizations in Europe, the Far East and Southeast Asia. Leo’s area of responsibility includes Strategic Planning, Innovation Engineering and Leadership Development. His goal is to help manufacturers create a sustainable competitive advantage by developing highly differentiated, value-added new products.
Leo graduated from Temple University, where he obtained a B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology. Additionally, Leo graduated magna cum laude from the University of Scranton, with a Master’s Degree in Business Administration. Leo recently completed Executive Education at Wharton Business School.
Note: All registration fees must be received in advance of the date of your event. MRC must be notified two weeks in advance of this event if you need to cancel, otherwise we can only grant a credit to another MRC event. Remember, you can also send a substitute.