Date(s) - November 12th, 2019 - November 19th, 2019
8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Packaging Corporation of America
TWI Job Instruction (Berks County)
Quickly training employees to do a job correctly, safely, and conscientiously
November 12, 2919 – 8:30 am – 10:30 am
November 14, 2020 – 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
November 19, 2020 – 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
Packaging Corporation of America
173 Tuckerton Road
Reading, PA 19605-1135
Through TWI, MRC offers a dynamic program of Job Instruction (JI) training designed to develop basic stability of your processes (standard work). This program teaches the method to instruct an operator how to perform a job correctly, safely and conscientiously. As is frequently the case, most processes are performed by various workers using different methods. Job Instruction training requires you to identify the “one best way,” teach the process to this one way, and thereby create a standard method. The basis of stability is generated by doing the same thing the same way across operators and shifts. By utilizing Job Instruction you gain the benefits of consistent training and also develop a stable process to apply continuous improvement upon.
Benefits experienced when practicing the Job Instruction program:
• Teach supervisors how to quickly and correctly train employees which means reduced training time
• Generate cooperation and positive employee relations
• Establish and maintain standardized work with improved methods
• Solve problems efficiently and effectively
• Less scrap and rework
• Create a safe work environment – few accidents
• Increased job satisfaction
• Upon completion of the TWI program, supervisors will be able to instruct operators how to perform a job correctly, safely and conscientiously.
• Using a Job Breakdown Sheet, participants determine important steps and key points of any process used to demonstrate a method.
• TWI is for small, medium, and large clients who seek to develop consistent training and trainers.
Why it’s relevant
Job Instruction includes effective methods to help employees quickly remember how to do a job beyond simply “telling and showing” them.
Correct instruction includes preparing the worker, presenting the operation, encouraging the learner to try the task, and following up. The JI methodology will create a standard training process that will accomplish this.
What’s in it for me?
With JI you gain the benefits of consistent training while developing a stable process to apply continuous improvement. This creates a solid foundation for any continuous improvement program with the benefits of reduced training time, less scrap and rework, fewer accidents, and increased job satisfaction.
Cost: $495/person (includes continental breakfast)
TWI JI Flier November 2019
Angie Bove, Strategy Manager
Training & Development
Manufacturers Resource Center
Angie is well-known to MRC clients as the first person to contact for Lean Manufacturing training and development initiatives. As a Corporate Trainer, Angie is skilled in developing custom training programs pertaining to customer service, conflict management, problem solving, leadership, team work, and TWI. Angie also manages sales & development training.
Note: All registration fees must be received in advance of the date of your event. MRC must be notified of cancellations two weeks prior to the event, otherwise we can only grant a credit to another MRC event. Persons who do not show or notify us in advance will forfeit any credit. Remember, you can also send a substitute. Thank you.