If you need to better manage projects, MRC’s Introduction to Project Management Concepts is for you!
Whether you work with small, medium, or large projects, the concepts and strategies are the same. Think of the Introduction to the Project Management Concepts course as an affordable investment meant to jump-start your efficiency and effectiveness.
Project Management is a systematic methodology using a proven process for efficient event completion. The five process groups—Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring, and Controlling—combine with closing to define the Project Management approach.
Manufacturers Resource Center (MRC) provides an introductory, half-day workshop focusing on the following topics:
- An overview of Project Management concepts and terminology
- Project Management basics – initiating and planning projects
- Understanding project charter, scope and requirements
- Techniques to better understand:
– Work breakdown structure
– Network diagrams
– Critical path
- Risk Management concepts:
– Planning for risk
– Identifying risk
– Qualitative risk analysis
– Quantitative risk analysis
– Planning for risk responses
– Controlling risk
- Software tools overview (Microsoft Project scheduling software, MindJet mind map Software)
961 Marcon Blvd., Suite 200
Allentown, PA 18109
(corner of Postal Rd. and Marcon Blvd.)
Who Should Attend
MRC’s Introduction to Project Management Concepts typically includes engineering staff, project coordinators, procurement staff, planners, and business professionals who want to understand project management principles.