The concept of Lean manufacturing is gaining acceptance beyond the shop floor. Now, attendees can gain hands-on experience through a live simulation in a traditional office environment.
During this workshop, participants take on various roles, including customer, manager, sales department worker, and quotation expert. Next, they learn to apply Lean principles in an office environment using simulated office equipment, supplies, forms, and procedures.
Each participant gains a practical understanding of how to apply Lean, continuous improvement techniques in an office setting to eliminate waste, gain more capacity from existing operations, and enhance their company’s ability to compete.
After completing the Lean Office workshop, participants will:
- Understand the difference between traditional and Lean organizations
- Appreciate the importance of Lean culture
- Understand how standardization provides the foundation for problem solving and continuous improvement
- Be able to document the current state of a simulated process
- Establish the standards that define the future state of the simulated process
- Identify the eight “wastes” that must be eliminated to achieve the future state
- Learn about commonly used Lean tools
- Be able to discuss the pitfalls and success factors in Lean transformation
Participants take part in an interactive “fun for learners” course that outlines the importance of “thinking Lean” in today’s globally competitive environment. MRC’s Lean coaches deliver an experience-based understanding of the various concepts and components of the Lean Enterprise, and participants have a chance to network with classmates from various industries in order to share improvement best practices.