Manufacturers Resource Center (MRC) has an immediate need for a full-time, Leadership Development Trainer/Coach.
For over 30 years, the Manufacturers Resource Center (MRC) has helped small and mid-sized manufacturers become more competitive, adopt lean and agile processes, strategically grow their companies, invest effectively in advanced technologies, and develop their team members and leadership teams. MRC is a nonprofit organization affiliated with Lehigh University and partially funded by the U.S. Department of Commerce’s NIST-MEP program, as well as Pennsylvania’s Industrial Resource Center Network.
The Leadership Development Trainer/Coach will provide strategic leadership development training and consulting services to manufacturers with operations in the surrounding 5 county region leveraging knowledge of numerous interpersonal skills such as emotional intelligence, communication, conflict resolution, change management, team building and many other similar topics.
As a Leadership Development Trainer/Coach, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and delivering training programs aimed at improving the leadership abilities and interpersonal effectiveness of manufacturing team leaders, supervisors, and managers in our service territory. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to identify training needs, create engaging content, and facilitate workshops that empower supervisors to lead their teams with confidence, empathy, and effective communication.
– Collaborate with HR and operations teams to identify training needs and performance gaps among manufacturing team leaders, supervisors, and managers.
– Design and develop comprehensive training modules and workshops that encompass leadership principles, communication strategies, conflict resolution, and other interpersonal skills.
– Incorporate Everything DiSC® assessments into training curriculum to enhance self-awareness, team collaboration, and effective communication.
– Deliver engaging and interactive training sessions using a variety of techniques, such as role-playing, case studies, and group discussions.
– Evaluate the effectiveness of training through assessments, feedback, and observed improvements in leadership behaviors.
– Provide one-on-one coaching and mentoring to manufacturing leaders seeking personalized development.
– Stay updated on industry trends, best practices, and new methodologies to continually enhance training content.
– Bachelor’s degree in Organizational Development, Human Resources, Communications, a related field or equivalent work experience.
– Proven experience in designing and facilitating leadership and interpersonal skills training programs that provides an engaging experience for both in-person and virtual training sessions.
– Excellent presentation, facilitation, communication, and presentation skills.
– Ability to establish rapport and credibility with team members and leaders at all levels.
– High degree of empathy, patience, and understanding of adult learning principles.
– Strong analytical skills to assess training effectiveness and adjust content as needed.
– Certification in training and/or DiSC assessments is a plus.
– Proficient computer and software skills, including strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
– Ability to work independently and with teams as needed, including attending various offsite meetings at local companies.
– Understanding of manufacturing processes, operations, and challenges faced by manufacturing supervisors helpful but not required.
– Competitive salary and performance-based incentives.
– Comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, retirement and educational plans administered by Lehigh University.
– A collaborative and supportive company culture that values continuous improvement and promotes self-development.
– A great working environment emphasizing a healthy work-life balance.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter outlining their relevant experience as it relates to this opportunity. Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Leadership Trainer/Coach Application – [Your Name]”.