Our six-part Maintenance Master Certification program provides the hands-on skills and strategies to make the switch from firefighting to true Maintenance Excellence.
All 6 sessions are hosted by local manufacturing companies and address different topics focused on the critical skills and methods important to world class maintenance.
MRC’s Maintenance Master Certification is taught by Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professionals (CMRPs), and all sessions are held at on-site with local manufacturers to enhance learning with real-life examples.
The workshops stress hands-on exercises and teamwork in order to improve equipment effectiveness, and participants become part of a maintenance professionals’ peer group to encourage networking and the sharing of best practices.
Our Maintenance Master Certification program includes the following six modules:
- Maintenance Excellence – Intended to improve your equipment reliability, this is comprised of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), maintenance mapping, equipment condition coding, preventive & predictive maintenance, planning & scheduling, and a discussion of Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
- Fundamentals of Maintenance Management – In order to help participants learn to lead a maintenance organization, this module includes: strategies and tactics to motivate staff; the financial aspects of driving profitability; safety and environmental concerns; suggested systems to create a culture of proactive maintenance; critical methods to promote organization; and how to meet and exceed technical challenges.
- Introduction to PM and PdM – Preventive Maintenance (PM) and Predictive Maintenance (PdM) are critical tactics to achieve equipment reliability. This module teaches to create PM inspections, illustrate predictive technologies, create effective PM and PdM programs, and measure their effectiveness.
- Maintenance Planning and Scheduling – Well-planned maintenance will have a positive impact on both Mean Time to Repair (MTTR), and Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE). In this module participants learn planning and scheduling strategies, how to use data to drive scheduling, and the importance of a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- The Methodology of Troubleshooting – This module provides a logical, multi-step approach to solve equipment failures using real-life breakdown scenarios. Participants will learn to understand what equipment is supposed to do, as well as why and how.
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for Maintenance – Permanent corrective actions are the shortest path of transition from reactive to proactive maintenance and true reliability excellence. Participants will learn to use RCA as a means of addressing the root cause of failures, rather than fixing systems. MRC uses actual RCA on your processes and equipment using the most appropriate tools.