The Manufacturers Resource Center National Network — The MEP National Network is a unique public-private partnership that delivers comprehensive, proven solutions to U.S. manufacturers, fueling growth and advancing U.S. manufacturing.
Focused on helping small and mid-sized manufacturers generate business results and thrive in today’s technology-driven economy, the MEP National Network comprises the National Institute of Standards and Technology’s Manufacturing Extension Partnership (NIST MEP), 51 MEP Centers located in all 50 states and Puerto Rico, and its 1,300 trusted advisors and experts at nearly 600 MEP service locations, providing any U.S. manufacturer with access to resources they need to succeed.
In 2018, the MEP National Network connected with 27,707 manufacturers, leading to $16.0 billion in new and retained sales, $1.7 billion in cost savings, $4.0 billion in new client investments, and helping to create and retain more than 122,00 U.S. manufacturing jobs.
With the support of the national Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) Program, the Pennsylvania Department of Community & Economic Development, our clients and our outstanding team members, the Manufacturers Resource Center has played a key role in moving our regional manufacturers forward. Please take three minutes to learn more about the size, strength and resiliency of our manufacturing base here in PA!
MRC is dedicated to creating significant, lasting economic impact and job creation in its five-county eastern Pennsylvania service area.
*According to an independent third-party survey in the 2018-2019 fiscal year
MRC’s service area MRC is a nonprofit organization partially funded in part by the U.S. Department of Commerce’s NIST-MEP program, as well as the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development’s Manufacturing PA initiative. MRC is dedicated to creating jobs and economic opportunity in Eastern Pennsylvania’s Lehigh Valley and Schuylkill, Carbon and Berks counties.
Completed 40 projects for 32 companies
Created economic impact of $40,945,558
- Retained Sales – $7,390,000
- Increased Sales – $11,310,000
- Cost Savings – $3,328,005
- Increased IT Investment – $1,594,000
- Increased Workforce Investment – $1,221,851
- Increased Plant Investment – $5,940,000
- Increased Other Investment – $1,921,501
- Increased Product Investment – $7,474,200
- Cost Avoidance – $766,001
Jobs Retained – 215
Jobs Created – 117
Over Ten Year Period (2009-2019):
*MRC Created Economic Impact of $846,757,052
MRC completed 1,020 projects with 315 firms in eastern Pennsylvania:
- Retained Sales – $367,808,502
- Increased sales – $161,886,001
- Cost Savings – $47,506,628
- Increased IT Investment – $11,590,474
- Increased Workforce Investment – $15,584,613
- Increased Plant Investment – $136,936,287
- Increased Other Investment – $14,859,527
- Increased Product Investment – $56,837,801
- Cost Avoidance / Investment Savings – $33,747,219
Jobs Retained – 4,195
Jobs Created – 1,319
*All data reported by clients through an independent third-party