The Manufacturers Resource Center National Network — The MEP National Network is a unique public-private partnership that delivers comprehensive, proven solutions to U.S. manufacturers, fueling growth and advancing U.S. manufacturing.
Focused on helping small and mid-sized manufacturers generate business results and thrive in today’s technology-driven economy, the MEP National Network comprises the National Institute of Standards and Technology’s Manufacturing Extension Partnership (NIST MEP), 51 MEP Centers located in all 50 states and Puerto Rico, and its 1,300 trusted advisors and experts at nearly 600 MEP service locations, providing any U.S. manufacturer with access to resources they need to succeed.
In 2016, the MEP National Network connected with 25,445 manufacturers, leading to $9.3 billion in sales, $1.4 billion in cost savings, $3.5 billion in new client investments, and helping to create and retain more than 86,602 U.S. manufacturing jobs.
MRC is dedicated to creating significant, lasting economic impact and job creation in its five-county eastern Pennsylvania service area.
*According to an independent third-party survey in the 2016 fiscal year
MRC’s service area MRC is a nonprofit organization partially funded by the U.S. Department of Commerce’s NIST-MEP program, as well as the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development’s Manufacturing PA initiative. MRC is dedicated to creating jobs and economic opportunity in Eastern Pennsylvania’s Lehigh Valley and Schuylkill, Carbon and Berks counties.
Completed 33 projects for 27 companies
Created economic impact of $108,508,556
- Retained Sales – $51,775,000
- Increased Sales – $11,100,000
- Cost Savings – $6,958,000
- Increased IT Investment – $876,864
- Increased Workforce Investment – $2,330,190
- Increased Plant Investment – $27,196,000
- Increased Other Investment – $700,001
- Increased Product Investment – $5,236,001
- Cost Avoidance – $2,336,200
Jobs Retained – 802
Jobs Created – 140
Over Ten Year Period (2007-2017):
*MRC Created Economic Impact of $1,182,975,112
MRC completed 1,647 projects with 414 firms in eastern Pennsylvania:
- Retained Sales – $455,381,502
- Increased sales – $370,797,991
- Cost Savings – $42,863,804
- Increased IT Investment – $13,176,615
- Increased Workforce Investment – $16,310,091
- Increased Plant Investment – $196,460,087
- Increased Other Investment – $14,882,808
- Increased Product Investment – $41,349,601
- Cost Avoidance / Investment Savings – $31,752,613
Jobs Retained – 5,410
Jobs Created – 1,912
*All data reported by clients through an independent third-party