MRC’s Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) program provides manufacturers with an innovative solution to achieve supply chain optimization.
By following a comprehensive roadmap that includes Bold Steps© and actionable Game Plans©, manufacturers can increase alignment, visibility, and collaboration, resulting in reduced costs, increased quality and delivery, a skilled workforce, and compliant processes.
This MEP-led supply chain improvement plan benefits both manufacturers and their partners. The program is also suitable for economic development representatives or community leaders interested in learning more about Supply Chain Optimization projects. By building stronger manufacturers, local and regional economies can benefit, equipping regions with the knowledge they need to recruit new businesses or expand current industry.
To achieve supply chain optimization, MRC offers a range of resource tools, including:
- Leadership Overview: A half-day event for manufacturing organization leaders, to provide a summary of the benefits and approach of the program, and solidify the importance of assessing the landscape for Supply Chain Optimization participation.
- Executive Engagement: A two-day event to help manufacturers strategize their supply chain optimization journey.
- Partner Engagement: Partners and suppliers are crucial in navigating and executing the strategy as planned in the preceding tier.
- Risk Management: To avoid obstacles within the manufacturing environment, this engagement provides an opportunity to devise an overall risk mitigation plan to address these concerns.
- Total Cost of Ownership: This session helps manufacturers sharpen their focus using a comprehensive software tool for determining the true total cost of ownership. Calculating the total cost for every activity in the supply stream is essential for achieving supply chain optimization.