Transforming your traditional enterprise system into a Lean enterprise system can seem daunting, but MRC has the solution.
In their book, Lean Enterprise, Jim Womack and Daniel Jones established a set of principles necessary to transform traditional enterprise systems into Lean enterprise systems.
Historically, manufacturing and service organizations using these principles focus exclusively on isolated, point-solution improvements; that is, they ignore principles 1 and 2.
- Principle 1: Define value
- Principle 2: Identify the value stream
- Principle 3: Create flow
- Principle 4: Pull to customer demand
- Principle 5: Pursue perfection
John Schook, formerly of Toyota and currently of Lean Enterprise Institute, encourages organizations to re-examine these missing principles. Using the techniques outlined in his book Learning to See, MRC delivers Value Stream Mapping (VSM) services based on creating Value Stream Maps.
Course Highlights Include
- “See the flow” of your Value Stream (including wastes)
- View all products from a system perspective
- Illustrate material and information flows to define your current state
- Create a future state design to serve as a blueprint for Lean Transformation
- Prioritize point-solution activities needed to achieve the future state
With MRC’s assistance, manufacturers use these powerful tools to map the flow of products and services in order to “pull” appropriate waste-elimination tools into problem-solving and continuous improvement.